We are excited to announce that Mitsol Fibre is coming to Illovo in February 2023!
You’re receiving this email because you contacted us regarding Mitsol fibre Internet services in your area, and we want to keep you in the fibre loop. This newsletter will keep you up to date with the status of all Mitsol fibre builds in your area and provide you with some important facts about fibre.
When Will Your Service Be Activated?
The civils build is scheduled to begin in January 2023, however builds within multi dwelling units (complexes and estates) will commence in November 2022. At this stage it is difficult to give exact dates per home, but we are committed to get our customers connected ASAP. We will keep you posted with regular updates via this Newsletter channel.
Does Mitsol Also Provide Internet Services?
Yes, we do, but as we are an Open Access network, we’d like you to review some of the awesome packages that our partner ISPs are selling. We also encourage you to support local, just like you are supporting us, a proudly KZN telecommunications company.
Mitsol Fibre Builds
Q: Will my driveway get damaged or collapse during the civil trenching work.
A: No, we use a high tech drilling and moling process to drill under all driveways and roads, we then install a thick HDPE (high-density polyethylene) plastic pipe under your driveway to prevent the soil from subsiding and causing the driveway to collapse.
Q: What do I do if my water or electrical cable has been damaged by a contractor.
A: Please make contact with us ASAP, even if the damage has not been caused by a Mitsol contractor, we will endeavour to assist with getting the break repaired.
Q: How do you know if the work outside your property is being carried out by Mitsol.
A: You can identify a Mitsol fibre build by the colour of the orange Micro-Duct that we use, we also clearly identify every manhole that we install with a branded Mitsol tag. All our contractor supervisors and foreman wear our Mitsol branded reflective bibs.
Benefits Of Fibre
If you are still undecided that Fibre is the service for you, we have complied a short list of the benefits of fibre to demonstrate why it is the broadband internet service of choice for fixed line residential use.
Fibre optic cable
- Adds up to 2% in value to your property.
- Is cheaper than ADSL and LTE wireless services.
- Connection speed is limitless. Speed, speed and more speed. Scientists are yet to exhaust the full potential and carrying capacity of fibre optic cables.
- Is immune to temperature changes, severe weather, lightning and moisture, all of which tend to hamper the reliability of copper cable.
- Is stable, it does not carry electric currents, only light waves so it’s not inhibited by electromagnetic interference (EMI) that can interrupt data transmission.
- Does not present a fire hazard like old or worn copper cables can.
- Unlike copper cables, fibre is not susceptible to theft, as fibre has no resale value.
- If you’re a busy family with kids wanting to do lots of things online simultaneously, a fibre broadband connection can make family life much more harmonious.
Have Any Questions?
Our Fibre To The Home FAQ document will answer any questions or address any concerns you may have regarding the installation of fibre to your property.VIEW DOCUMENT