Hello Springfield & Sydenham
Welcome to the SECOND edition of the Mitsol Fibre To The Home Springfield & Sydenham Scoop, keeping you in the fibre loop. This newsletter will keep you up to date with the status of all Mitsol fibre builds in the Springfield & Sydenham area and provide you with some important facts about fibre.
Mitsol Fibre Build Progress Report
Springfield – Civil work is 30% completed, Fibre work is 0% completed, and we will start to bring certain blocks live in this suburb by the middle of August. We are taking pre-orders.
Sydenham – Civil work will commence towards Mid-July and anticipate the build period to be 6 weeks, having the fibre build completed within the Sydenham area by the end of August. We are taking pre-orders.
Benefits Of Fibre
If you are still undecided that Fibre is the service for you, we have compiled a short list of the benefits of fibre to demonstrate why it is the broadband internet service of choice for fixed line residential use.
Fibre optic cable,
- Adds up to 2% in value to your property.
- Is cheaper than ADSL and LTE wireless services.
- Connection speed is limitless. Speed, speed and more speed. Scientists are yet to exhaust the full potential and carrying capacity of fibre optic cables.
- Is immune to temperature changes, severe weather, lightning and moisture, all of which tend to hamper the reliability of copper cable.
- Is stable, it does not carry electric currents, only light waves so it’s not inhibited by electromagnetic interference (EMI) that can interrupt data transmission.
- Does not present a fire hazard like old or worn copper cables can.
- Unlike copper cables, fibre is not susceptible to theft, as fibre has no resale value.
If you’re a busy family with kids wanting to do lots of things online simultaneously, a fibre broadband connection can make family life much more harmonious.
Choosing The Internet Package That Ticks All Your Boxes
We are often asked the question by customers, “What internet package should I go for?”.
So here’s a little guideline when considering which internet package best suits your needs.
1. Speed! This will be determined by how many users are in your home, how many devices connected simultaneously, and what content you are using the internet for.
Here’s a little table to guide you.
2. Budget! Although Promo’s are attractive, and in some cases can offer instant savings, if you are needing to budget for realistic future expenses, always read the T&Cs. Where some deals will offer you an instant saving over a short-term period, once the promo is up they may not necessarily be the most cost effective in the long run. Make sure you are aware of the standard retail price once the promo is up, and most importantly, that you have budgeted for that increase.
3. FREE!! Let’s be real, nothing in life is FREE! Again, always make sure you read the fine print and T&Cs when something is advertised for FREE. Majority of the time, FREE installations and FREE routers are offered on a month-to-month term, but most promo’s will include a “Claw back” clause, in the fine print, should you cancel your service within a certain period, the ISP will then bill what was originally FREE (Setup, Installation possibly a router). So realistically, that “month-to-month” service is actually a “contract” which is subject to a fixed term for you to qualify for the FREE stuff.
Cancel Your Obsolete Telkom Lines
Did you know that once your fibre has been installed you can then cancel ALL your Telkom services (ADSL + Analog Line Rental). You can keep your telephone number by porting it to your preferred ISP, this will save you having to continue paying Telkom a line rental. This service is commonly known as VoIP (voice over IP).
The VoIP call rates differ from ISP to ISP, so we recommend you request a rate structure from your preferred ISP. In our experience the ISP rates are really competitive and are typically 30% cheaper than Telkom.
If your next question is, “Can I use my existing analogue phone for VoIP services?”. The answer is unfortunately, NO. You will require a VoIP phone and your preferred ISP can assist you with a quotation.
Have Any Questions?
Our Fibre To The Home FAQ document will answer any questions or address any concerns you may have regarding the installation of fibre to your property.VIEW DOCUMENT