Welcome to ResiNews,
December is upon us . . . from the team at ResiNet, we would like to wish you all a happy, safe and peaceful Festive Season, and a wonderful 2015.
With school holidays well underway, the kids have lots more time on their hands with home internet often filling the entertainment gap – frequently unsupervised. We focus once again on internet safety for children in this issue (our product of the month is NetNanny), as well as some important milestones for ResiNet.
And, importantly, we shine a spotlight on those children who could do with some extra special help during the Festive Season.
Festive Season Hours – help is just a phone call away! We are open during normal office hours throughout December and January. In the evenings and on public holidays, your calls will be routed to our dedicated after-hours support number.
If you no longer wish to receive future editions of this newsletter, please click here to unsubscribe.
On behalf of ResiNet directors Andrew Boyd, Warren Bricknell and Maurice de Marigny, and the ResiNet team, we wish all our customers a very safe, happy Festive Season.
Exciting 2014 milestones…
ResiNet has had a busy and successful year, thanks to the loyal support of you, our customers. During 2014, we achieved some important milestones:
- Mitsol, the holding company of ResiNet, achieved Level 3 BBBEE status.
- Two new Highsites – at Dube Tradeport and Durban CBD – were installed, bringing our total number to nine key Highsites in KZN. By boosting our internet supply network that we have established in the province, we are able to supply even faster connectivity.
- ResiNet doubled its subscriber base in just one year, thanks to our effective marketing team and to our very important Resellers.
- We partnered with African Bank to provide 20 rural KZN schools with an upgrade to uncapped broadband internet.
- All year, and particularly now, we encourage our customers to join us in remembering people less fortunate than ourselves. In the spirit of Madiba, every year, we encourage our customers to adopt the iZulu Orphan Project, which provides support to 1700 people. If you would like to add your contribution to ours, please contact them direct on:
http://www.izuluorphanprojects.co.za or telephone Kate on 084 600-9947
Their mission is ‘to serve, educate and provide for the desperate and deserted orphans and HIV-infected widows with children through individualised, family-centred, community-focused care. We strive for every orphan to have a humane chance in life.’
PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: NetNanny – internet safety for children
Cyberbullying? Identity theft? The dangers of social networks? Yes…these are very real threats that exist, and are affecting innocent and naïve victims – mostly kids – who have unmonitored access to the internet.
As parents, this is a real concern, as these are dangers against which we cannot always protect our children, particularly during school holidays when children can be at home, bored and ready to explore the internet without parental supervision.
However, help is at hand in the form of NetNanny. NetNanny is security software that, once installed on your computer, gives protection against unsolicited internet communication such as pornography. The software is similar to anti-virus software, and up to 15 devices (phones, computers, iPads etc.) can be protected on one network.
Our highly-skilled and experienced team can advise you on the most cost-effective high-speed solutions – such as wifi and wireless telephone technology – tailored to fit your budget and your technical requirements.
ResiNET is part of holding company Mitsol. Mitsol offers a variety of internet-related products and services. For more information, please visit www.mitsol.co.za
NetNanny is an effective tool to provide protection against pornography and other unsolicited internet communication.
NetNanny is an easy-to-install software system that protects up to 15 devices on one network, in a similar manner to anti-virus software.